Back in Blighty, via Australia and France.

AndyEames
Holder of a Nylon Anorak
Holder of a Nylon Anorak

Back in Blighty, via Australia and France.

Post by AndyEames »

FB_IMG_1489781499321.jpg
Our dear old Arrow , nicknamed Delilah ( its a long story ). Looks a bit more used now than in the photo.
john.whiting
Holder of a Golden Anorak
Holder of a Golden Anorak

Re: Back in Blighty, via Australia and France.

Post by john.whiting »

I reckon we can spare it.On a slightly different tack,I notice prices quoted in this forum are well in advance of what would be achievable for the similar machine in Oz now.Might be a flood of machines back the way they came.Transport costs are pretty high though.Now there are an ever increasing number of roads with limits well over 100 k/hr,and every car is quick off the mark as a bike,interest in anything under 650cc is definitely waning.Especially with the flood of age eligible jappas in near mint condition coming in from the states.History repeats .
AndyEames
Holder of a Nylon Anorak
Holder of a Nylon Anorak

Re: Back in Blighty, via Australia and France.

Post by AndyEames »

Hi John.
This one came from W.A. and it cost 2000 Aus dollars to ship Delilah and another machine (1960 Scott) back to the UK. And that was in 2005 ! When I was a but a meer seedling and riding Leaders and Arrows every day, they were ahead of the pack when it came to dealing with traffic. But now ,as you so rightly say, you can't help thinking that you are some sort of mobile chicane. Added to that, most car drivers think that they are a Lewis Hamilton clone. The piece of dual carriageway that I use is a bit harrowing to say the least. The good thing is that the truck drivers give you (me) plenty of room. Anyway, spring is coming for you, so happy motorcycling. Regards Andy