Where is best to buy a wiring loom?

General electrical problems
Dave.Barkshire
Holder of a Silver Anorak
Holder of a Silver Anorak

Where is best to buy a wiring loom?

Post by Dave.Barkshire »

The loom on my 38VH is very tatty, bodged and faulty so I'd like to start again with the wiring.

Ideally I'd like a loom with a cotton sheath but I think that they're not available although I've seen some cotton tape on ebay which might be worth trying for a more authentic look (http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/172730945177, has anyone tried this?)

I know that the quality varies in the world of looms and often they put the horn wires for a side mounting rather than a front mounting and are not year specific. Can anyone recommend a good quality loom seller?
nevhunter
Holder of a Platinum Anorak
Holder of a Platinum Anorak

Re: Where is best to buy a wiring loom?

Post by nevhunter »

Can't help you much Dave as I've made my own except for 3 I got from Drag an fly, a fair while ago now which look good and were not too dear. You had to be very specific about the year and model so I hope the horn bit is in the correct place. You only get plastic covered wire these days that doesn't like the heat sags and melts easily near the top of the engine. I managed to get some fibreglass sheathing years ago in about 1 meter lengths of assorted diameters (woven and looks like cotton with wax on it. It's used in electric motor windings and can be painted to look right with aeromodelling lacquer and perhaps nail paint. Nev