Loss of Oil - alternative method....

pictures (or stories) of hideous injuries sustained by your ariel
robjameson
Holder of a Silver Anorak
Holder of a Silver Anorak

Re: Loss of Oil - alternative method....

Post by robjameson »

My last trip to Lincolnshire to visit a school friend on the VH resulted in my craven pannier lid becoming airborne along Lincoln bypass. I'm not sure what made me look round and notice it but I pulled up at the side of the road, to transfer all of my luggage in to my remaining pannier, and was shouted at by several friendly motorists telling me I could have caused an accident (with their tone they clearly thought I had done this deliberately). I never recovered the lid, but was told it had been under a lorry, so wouldn't have been much use.
Fortunately the best and cheapest spares supplier in the country lent me one until Draganfly could get a new one made and provide me with the new style hinges. That was a large bill!
Rob Jameson
AOMCC Member Number 4068
1957 Ariel VH
1954 Ariel KH
1948 Ariel 4G with 1920's Ariel Sidecar/Triumph Chassis
AOMCC Twin Spares Organiser
BUNNERS

Re: Loss of Oil - alternative method....

Post by BUNNERS »

I once strapped a 2ltr tin of British Racing Green cellulose paint to the back of my Hinckley built Triumph Trophy, I was re-spraying the MG at the time, it fell off on a junction of the M27, I was unaware of the loss until I got home to be confronted by an irate Cortina driver the front of which was two tone Ambassador Blue and British Racing Green, that's the car not the driver, Cost a small fortune to rectify the problem. :oops: :oops: