wiring diagram

filmuskett

wiring diagram

Post by filmuskett »

could someone upload a picture of the Arrow wiring please, i have a Arrow thats been converted to 12v, the coils are still 6v but from what ive read on line its not unusual to leave the 6v coils, i cant see where the wiring has been altered to produce the higher voltage, is it normal to fit a voltage regulator after a 12v conversion? i still have the original rectifier, ive searched on line for a picture of the wiring system for the whole bike but not found any, i only have a workshop manual for the engine. phil
bh.sprint
Holder of a Waxed Cotton Anorak
Holder of a Waxed Cotton Anorak

Re: wiring diagram

Post by bh.sprint »

Hello Phil,

Attached the Leader diagram, it has the flasher circuits and extra stop light but is near enough the same. Also the wiring for the Boyer Power box ( 12 volts ), it shows how the alternator wires are connected to give extra output. The coils are 6 v but connected in series to use with the Boyer ignition system.
Its normal to change all the 6 volt items except the horn which works OK and is very loud on 12 volts.

Brian H. PS ignore the -ve earth , I've changed it over for my MK 2 Leader.
Attachments
boyer circuit diagram.jpg
wiring diagram.jpg
DerekElliott

Post by DerekElliott »

Hello
I have just converted my existing 6v alt to 12v and had no problems whatsoever
I bought my regulator/rectifier from Paul Goff who has a interesting and informative web site the G/Y and G/B wires from the alt. are joined together and the G/W are wired to the rectifier any way round the rectifier I bought was a A REG ONE with two yellow wires for the alt and a red+ and black~ 12v I changed the coils to 12 volt Lucas MA12 because I was retaining the points. You will loose the emg start but I started mine from the alternator when I blew the fuse from the battery without knowing. I keeped the 6v condensers and ammeter all works OK
Best of luck Derek
filmuskett

Post by filmuskett »

Thanks very much for the quick response,im sure other readers of this site will find the wiring diagram handy.phil.