I've started my arrow

DerekElliott

I've started my arrow

Post by DerekElliott »

Yes the new seals and bearings came on Tuesday i fitted all i could but waiting for the gaskets, they came today so all afternoon reassembling the engine re timed new condensers
It took quite a few kicks to get it going but it sounds quite good. My 6v alternator converted to 12v is charging that's good.I have made quit a few tools to reassemble the engine, bearing and seal inserting tools crankshaft locking tool they really are a great help.
I still have a lot of cosmetic work to do before it hits the road but getting the engine going is one giant leap forward
Regards Derek
Steven.Carter
Holder of a Platinum Anorak
Holder of a Platinum Anorak

Re: I've started my arrow

Post by Steven.Carter »

Well done Derek, sounds a difficult job.
Steve
Roger James
Holder of a Silver Anorak
Holder of a Silver Anorak

Post by Roger James »

Well done from me too Derek, especially as you've also made the tools for the strip down and rebuild of the engine yourself.
Interesting that you didn't find much wrong with the seals as I didn't on my engine strip down but in any event it was enough to cause us both starting problems.
Regarding my own engine, since changing the seals the other week its continued to start well cold and hot, have so far done 98 miles that included a journey on the M1 motorway yesterday delivering some Arrow spares to a friend for his rebuild.
Good luck with the other jobs and please keep us informed how you get on once you start using the bike. Roger
DerekElliott

Post by DerekElliott »

Hello
Thanks for your comments
I am glad I have changed the seals I suppose it is peace of mind to know all is well down below
The seals I fitted were Viton 212-137-37 R23 centre centre and 175-100-25 R.23 double lipped seals the R21 are single lip bearings were 62005 C3 with a bit more clearance for hot running
Here is a photo of the tools I have made it made the job easy handy to have the use of a machine shop
image.jpg

The bike is nearly finished take is for a run tomorrow make sure everything is OK for the MOT next week then a few more cosmetic bits to buy and it's finished
It proves in your case fitting good seals can be a huge benefit Rodger
Regards Derek