V5 needed

Ivor Collins
Holder of a Nylon Anorak
Holder of a Nylon Anorak

V5 needed

Post by Ivor Collins »

Hi
Can you give me some advice on how do I go about / who do I speak to regarding obtaining the V5?
I have the old log book on which I am the last named owner, the serial numbers are unchanged as is the colour.
Should be a simple administrative procedure, right?

Many thanks
Ivor
bh.sprint
Holder of a Waxed Cotton Anorak

Re: V5 needed

Post by bh.sprint »

Hello Ivor,
Paul Jameson did an article on the procedure for getting a new log-book/V 5 in the December issue of the Cheval, now the local DVLA offices are closed.

I can scan a copy if you don't have access to the mag. article.

Brian.H.
Ivor Collins
Holder of a Nylon Anorak
Holder of a Nylon Anorak

Post by Ivor Collins »

Hi Brian

Thanks for your reply. Yes, I would appreciate a copy of the article if you can come up with it, the bike is not finished but think I should be working on this process in parallel to avoid disappointment!

Regards
Ivor
bh.sprint

Post by bh.sprint »

Hello Ivor,
I've attached the page from the Cheval, I've managed to cut off the title but the text is OK.

Brian. H.
Attachments
Untitled.jpg
Ivor Collins
Holder of a Nylon Anorak
Holder of a Nylon Anorak

Post by Ivor Collins »

Hi Brian

Thanks for the document copy, some useful and straightforward information here which may also be helpful to our other members.
I will contact Paul about getting a certified copy of my original log book and have emailed DVLA for a V55/5, not likely to be on the road in time for The Banbury Run (this Sunday) but maybe next year!

Thanks
Ivor
Malcolm Dodd

Post by Malcolm Dodd »

I am about to buy a complete leader but in pieces. I am told it has the registration document with it but has been off the road many years. Are there any pitfalls I should know about or should getting it back on the road be straight forward?
bh.sprint

Post by bh.sprint »

hI,

I've put a Leader back on the road , which had a V5 which was obtained a few years ago, after an inspection by the Local DVLA office before they closed. The hardest part was getting it insured because it had a slightly larger engine capacity and a different fairing. The local Post office were very helpful in getting a tax disc/taxed for the road. One of the problems was there were some mistakes on the V5 and all these needed correcting before the tax could be issued.

I also obtained a age related number for a 200 cc Arrow which took longer and needed the help of Paul who issued a dating certificate and also supplied a list of the words to use on the application ( v55/5 ) and the documents to send to the DVLC.
If you follow the list carefully and also the additional items on the Official web-site its not very hard. I made one mistake in not sending the correct identification documents but this was easily rectified. I had to send a picture of the completed 200CC bike to the DVLA and also for the altered Leader one to the insurers.

Brian.H.
Malcolm Dodd

Post by Malcolm Dodd »

Is there any way to speed up the process by applying while I am restoring the bike or do I need to wait until I have completed it?
Thanks for your response by the way.
Malcolm
bh.sprint

Post by bh.sprint »

Hi,

If you have the old log book then it should be possible to start the process by getting a V5 and then applying for it to be ''taxed'' when it is ready and MOT'd.

Brian.H.
Malcolm Dodd

Post by Malcolm Dodd »

Thanks, should have the bike next week. As yet I do know if the frame and engine numbers match or how much of a problem it might be if they don't, but it seems there are likely to be any number of complications?