Paul Jameson article on cams and followers

Post here for help with the forum
ron.herring

Paul Jameson article on cams and followers

Post by ron.herring »

My attempts to access the document is continually being rejected despite repeatedly inputting my correct user name and password. Is there a reason for this?
brenton.roy
Holder of a Golden Anorak

Post by brenton.roy »

Hi Ron,
No, there's no reason. I checked and it downloaded for me.
Are you using the club members username and password from a recent Cheval magazine?
The file is a bit over 7mb, so might take a little while if you have a slow internet connection.
Brenton
'51,'56 Squares, '48 VH, '27 Model C, R67/2, Mk IV Le Mans, '06 Super Duke and Ariel projects.
ron.herring

Post by ron.herring »

Hi Brenton
On reading your response to my query I tried again, and was still blocked. I'm repeating the same user name and password that I get into this forum with, - it gets me into the forum, but it seems no further. Surely it doesn't require additional authorisation? I would be grateful if someone can tell me what else I have to do.
The Cheval magazine you mention is not known to me - I registered directly with this AOMCC forum, submitted my selection for user name and password, and duly received authorisation
Ron
brenton.roy

Post by brenton.roy »

Hi Ron,
That explains it. Yes, there is a different password for the club resources.
The forum is a free resource, but the main website and library are part of AOMCC membership. There is a section of the forum that can only be seen by club members.
My two cents is that it is well worth the money. The library is very extensive.
Cheval De Fer is the (extremely well written) AOMCC monthly magazine.
The password for the website is shown inside the magazine cover.
Regards, Brenton
'51,'56 Squares, '48 VH, '27 Model C, R67/2, Mk IV Le Mans, '06 Super Duke and Ariel projects.
admin

Re: Paul Jameson article on cams and followers

Post by admin »

missed this (thanks brenton)
brenton.roy

Post by brenton.roy »

No problems. I aim to please.
Ron is working with our David on cam / valve train stuff. Over my head, but it sounds interesting.
David may have something to report in due course.
neil.grant

Post by neil.grant »

I am still waiting for a copy of Cheval De Fer. I have only been a member since mid July, perhaps that's why. I am keen to get a copy so that I can go ahead with getting my Huntmaster issued with it's original registration number. I have got the original log book, but still waiting for the log book to be issued with my name and address. The original log book has the old registration number. I tried to get on to this with my club membership username and password to no avail. How often do these mags come out ? neil.grant
keith.mettam
Holder of a Waxed Cotton Anorak
Holder of a Waxed Cotton Anorak

Post by keith.mettam »

Hi Neil and welcome to the AOMCC. My copy of Cheval has only just arrived so you should get yours now sometime (assuming you are a UK member). I think you can go to the AOMCC Home Page and click on 'About The Bikes' then from the drop-down menu select 'Machine Registration' which, hopefully, will give you access to the information you need to help with getting your machine registered again. There are documents there to download, depending on your situation. I have done this without logging into the members section so it seems to be available to all. If this doesn't work for you or is not what you want then you may be able to pm Paul Jameson through this forum to obtain the information you require or, if not, try contacting John Nash (admin) by forum pm, I'm sure he will help you.
Good luck with it Neil,
Regards, Keith.
PS. Have added the registration link for you so try this :-
http://www.arielownersmcc.com/dating.html
admin

Re: Paul Jameson article on cams and followers

Post by admin »

THanks Keith

Indeed you can use the dating link to get information on registering your bike.

If you want to mail me your membership no, Neil, then I can let you have the members area user/password.
If you have the magazine, then it's top of the page on the inside cover.

cheers

John