ariel leader

Who has my old bike ? What was this bike? Pictures of your old bikes etc
bill.warren

ariel leader

Post by bill.warren »

Does anyone know of the wherabouts of my old Ariel Leader. I bought it has a police bike but converted it back to civillian trim registration number 781ADG
Roger James
Holder of a Silver Anorak

Re: ariel leader

Post by Roger James »

Hello Bill,
Further to my reply to your last request for information about your old Leader posted September last year, I still don't unfortunately know where it is now but another Vehicle Enquiry check carried out on the Directgov website indicates that it still exists having a date of liability of 1.4.2014 and would appear to have road tax as it is shown, licence not due, so is still appears to be in use.
Hopefully someone will come up with the information you are looking for in due course.

Your old Leader was 781ADG, I have a Police Leader from the same batch 782ADG awaiting a rebuild.

Roger
Pete-b

Post by Pete-b »

I have an old Police Leader, but was re registered in 1996, Reg No now is 88 bkk, it is a 1963 model, frame No is T35417/B.
Roger James

Post by Roger James »

Hi Pete,
Your Leader T35417B was manufactured in 1965 and despatched to Redhill Motors, Maidstone Kent on 15.4.65 one of a batch of six Leaders probably destined for Kent Police. This is a very late Leader, I think only about 16 Leaders were produced by Ariel after yours before production ceased the following month.

As a matter of interest I also own an ex Kent Police Leader T35457B (awaiting a rebuild) that was despatched from the factory on 25.5.65 - only four other Leaders were manufactured after this one but a few 200 Arrows were completed and despatched.

Regards Jess..
Pete-b

Post by Pete-b »

Hi Jess, you have got me thinking now, as the reg dock says manufactured 1963, historic vehicle.
cheers Pete.