GOLDEN ARROW SPORT HANDLEBARS

ian teasdale

GOLDEN ARROW SPORT HANDLEBARS

Post by ian teasdale »

Help please
I am having a problem obtaining new handlebars for my Golden Arrow sport.
I have been in touch with Draganfiy Motors and others but they are having problems obtaining them.
So I am now wondering if anyone has the dimenions or patten of the original bars from which I may be able to buy something similar.

Thanks in anticipation,

IAN.
Roger James
Holder of a Silver Anorak

Re: GOLDEN ARROW SPORT HANDLEBARS

Post by Roger James »

Hello Ian,
Been into the shed this afternoon to photograph the handlebars that are off my Sports Arrow at the moment.
7/8 inch bars that are 24 1/2 inches wide.
See attached photo - note if you buy reproduction bars that the originals had a hole in them for the horn push button on the offside and a hole towards the middle on the underside for the wire to come out.
Holes can be drilled into re-production bars if they are not there but for fitting the horn button you will need a threaded sleeve that you push down the bars, but in doing so make sure you dont push it past the hole or you might not get it back again...

I cannot absolutely guarantee that these bars are a genuine/original factory item either but they have the right shape, would be nice to have some confirmation from other Sports Arrow owners as to the width of their bars.
I hope at least it gives you something to work from.

Sorry but dont know where you could get any from at the moment if Draganfly are out of stock.

Jess

J
Attachments
Handlebars for my Sports Arrow.
Handlebars for my Sports Arrow.
Roger James

Post by Roger James »

Ian,
It has been suggested by John Ellis you try Armours in Bournmouth, they sell handlebars and not just exhaust systems.
Had a quick look online at their catalogue but cant find any bars for sale specifically for the Sports Arrow but noted the catalogue was dated 2004 so way out of date.
Could be worth trying...

Jess
ian teasdale

Post by ian teasdale »

Hi Jess
Thanks for the info it will certainly help me to track down something similar, if not the original item.
I will also give Armours a ring on Monday, I have just looked on their web site and they appear to have a good selection of parts.
Thanks again I will let you know how I get on and if I am successful.

Cheers,

Ian
Roger James

Post by Roger James »

Ian,
Have liaised with John Ellis, Club 2 Stroke Spares organiser, he too has been into the 'play room' today and measured a pair of original Sports Arrow handlebars and they come out at 24 inches, just a fraction shorter than mine. He also has a pair of reproduction handlebars purchased from Draganfly that are 26 inches wide, a lot wider than standard but they could be cut down taking an inch of either end or leave them as they are unless you cant get the bike through a single shed door..
I'm sure there are plenty of handlebars out there that are the same general shape as those used on the Sports Arrow but at the moment we can't point you in the direction of a specific supplier with Drags being out of stock... All the best.
Jess
Andy.Watts

Re: GOLDEN ARROW SPORT HANDLEBARS

Post by Andy.Watts »

Roger James wrote:Hello Ian,
Been into the shed this afternoon to photograph the handlebars that are off my Sports Arrow at the moment.
7/8 inch bars that are 24 1/2 inches wide.
See attached photo - note if you buy reproduction bars that the originals had a hole in them for the horn push button on the offside and a hole towards the middle on the underside for the wire to come out.
Holes can be drilled into re-production bars if they are not there but for fitting the horn button you will need a threaded sleeve that you push down the bars, but in doing so make sure you dont push it past the hole or you might not get it back again...

I cannot absolutely guarantee that these bars are a genuine/original factory item either but they have the right shape, would be nice to have some confirmation from other Sports Arrow owners as to the width of their bars.
I hope at least it gives you something to work from.

Sorry but dont know where you could get any from at the moment if Draganfly are out of stock.

Jess

J
ian teasdale wrote:Help please
I am having a problem obtaining new handlebars for my Golden Arrow sport.
I have been in touch with Draganfiy Motors and others but they are having problems obtaining them.
So I am now wondering if anyone has the dimenions or patten of the original bars from which I may be able to buy something similar.

Thanks in anticipation,

IAN.
Hi Guys

I have the same problem. :cry: No way can I find bars for my Golden sparrow So. If you have a second hand genuine Golden Arrow Sport handle bars may I borrow it NOT BENT Im after the shape and size not bothered so if rusty I will make new from the patten I live ten miles from Dragonfly and they tell me sorry on back order for 18 months not very inspiring but very nice people anyway. :P

Ride Safe

Andy