Draganfly Electronic Ignition

General electrical problems
tstewart
Holder of a Nylon Anorak
Holder of a Nylon Anorak

Draganfly Electronic Ignition

Post by tstewart »

I have bought a Dragonfly ignition unit for my Arrow.

It looks fairly straight forward to wire up.

But it says remove the Emergency start wire, it also looks like it is telling me to remove the Black and white wire. Is the Black and white wire the Emergency start wire?

Also there is a green and yellow wire from the alternator to the ignition switch, is that part of the Emergency start. The Draganfly instructions do not mention this wire (I like to worry about something :D ).

Thanks
1952 Ariel NH350, 1960 Ariel Arrow, 1955 Francis Barnet Falcon 197cc, 1954 Norton Dominator.
White.John.A

Re: Draganfly Electronic Ignition

Post by White.John.A »

Hi,
I will try to help, but as my electronic I bought from Draganfly never worked. I wired my unit as the diagram issued with the unit. You would have to follow either the two coil diagram or the one coil diagram. With the wiring diagram I have the black and white wire is the the emergency wire. This is not used on the new system.
The green and yellow should go to the ignition switch terminal 17 and is not connected to the new electronic switch. The feed wire on my set up came from ignition switch terminals 13a to the new trigger switch. As I now have 3wiring diagrams all slightly different, you may have to alter things to suit your set up. I have used my existing 2 coils.
John
tstewart
Holder of a Nylon Anorak
Holder of a Nylon Anorak

Post by tstewart »

John I found my new ignition switch is faulty, so I have modified what works on the switch. So it is just a simple on/off now.
I was going to use my existing coils also. I never had a wiring loom and the original switch was damaged but I did manage to get the engine running last week using the points.
I think you have answered my question.

Thanks
1952 Ariel NH350, 1960 Ariel Arrow, 1955 Francis Barnet Falcon 197cc, 1954 Norton Dominator.
ken-drink
Holder of a Nylon Anorak
Holder of a Nylon Anorak

Post by ken-drink »

i bought one of these for my leader, could not get it to work, so bought a pazon unit and coil and converted to 12v , now runs and starts like it should a lot better than the old points. fitted a higher output alternator as well. now got decent lights with a cibie unit up front which is an H4 fitting with side light .