Slow postage!

Bikes or not. Whatever
Mike Nash
Holder of a Nylon Anorak
Holder of a Nylon Anorak

Slow postage!

Post by Mike Nash »

What ho, chums!

I despatched a sidecar nut, bolt and washer to a correspondent here on the 5th of December; he's just told me he got it on the 21st! That's about 110 miles in 16 days, less than 7 miles a day; I could've walked it in half the time. I've never known postage to be so slow and so I hope none of you are awaiting a present via the Post Office system!

Happy Christmas to you all from MikeN.
JohnnyBeckett
Holder of a Golden Anorak

Re: Slow postage!

Post by JohnnyBeckett »

hi Mike i have been waiting for parts for weeks i keep getting new delivery dates , i know they keep having strikes and i do not blame them for that , wen you see what is happening to the postmen and women
paul.jameson

Re: Slow postage!

Post by paul.jameson »

It seems to be a matter of luck. I ordered some bits from Drags recently which took 4 or 5 days to arrive. I promptly found that I needed something else, ordered it and it arrived the next day. I had exactly the same experience with Tracey Tools over the same period in time when I broke my 5/16" cycle die. Drags are to the east of where I live, Tracey Tools to the south west so the geography doesn't seem to matter.
Paul Jameson
35 LG (project), 37 RH500, 52 ex ISDT KHA, 54 KH(A), 75 Healey 1000/4.
Former Machine Registrar & Archivist, General Secretary and Single Spares Organiser (over a 25 year period).
Now Archivist (but not Machine Registrar), Gauges and Clocks Spares Organiser.