Owen Dyke Ariel Racer

Bikes or not. Whatever
pete.collings
Holder of a Silver Anorak

Owen Dyke Ariel Racer

Post by pete.collings »

Does anybody know if Owen is still competing with his old Ariel single? I met him on the IOM at TT time many years ago, but was informed at the annual rally this year that he was still competing until recently. I believe the late Frank Wilkins helped him with performance parts, and I have something that may be of interest if he is still racing.
Any contact details for Owen could be sent to me via a PM, to avoid posting them in a public domain.
owendyke

Re: Owen Dyke Ariel Racer

Post by owendyke »

Hello Pete
Owen here, I am still racing with BHR, I have an engine built by the late great Frank Wilkins kindly loaned to me by Tony Peglar.
I am mostly using a 500 motor prepared by my friend Andrew (Tomo) Thompson.
Sorry can,t re-call meeting you in the I O M a lot of water under the bridge since then.
Thanks for showing an interest.
Best Regards 0wen
pete.collings

Re: Owen Dyke Ariel Racer

Post by pete.collings »

Hi Owen
Great to hear you are still competing on an Ariel, I brought some spares from Derek Wing recently that had been supplied by Frank, as Derek had frequent contact with Frank in his earlier days, and was also supplied with technical data. He had asked if they could be offered to you if they were needed.
I can be contacted either by using the forum's private messaging facility, or by the email given in my (top of the) spares listings in the forum.
It is indeed a long time since we last met, so not surprised you don't remember.

Happy Christmas and a good (racing) New Year!