new sq4 clutch dome cover

Bikes or not. Whatever
Henning G
Holder of a Nylon Anorak
Holder of a Nylon Anorak

new sq4 clutch dome cover

Post by Henning G »

Hi, does anyone knows where I can buy a new clutch dome cover ( 5705-37 ) for my 1939 SQ4.Have one in order at Draganfly since January..
Regards Henning
Roger Gwynn
Holder of a Golden Anorak

Re: new sq4 clutch dome cover

Post by Roger Gwynn »

Michael Browne in Australia is also making them "
"Ariel clutch domes 3 types - bare steel or chromed, Handlebar rubber packing part No. 4858-34, Rocker box spring clip and angle piece part No. 864-35 & 866-35, Contact Michael Browne Ph: (08) 8261 1472"
His email address ambrowne@bigpond.com as listed on the club database
Roger Gwynn, Membership Secretary, curator of the Machine Register and the works drawings. Director of Draganfly Motorcycles, Craven Equipment and Supreme Motorcycles mostly retired.
Henning G
Holder of a Nylon Anorak
Holder of a Nylon Anorak

Post by Henning G »

Hi Roger,Thanks a lot,I will try him
Henning
david.anderson

Post by david.anderson »

not sure where you are located but if in Australia, Overlander also manufactures clutch domes in stainless steel
https://dropbears.com/overlander/classic.htm
David
Henning G
Holder of a Nylon Anorak
Holder of a Nylon Anorak

Post by Henning G »

Hi David, Thanks.Im located in Denmark, but if I cant get one in UK...Thanks a lot
Julian Murphy
Holder of a Waxed Cotton Anorak
Holder of a Waxed Cotton Anorak

Post by Julian Murphy »

Fascinating.

I just scrolled that list from dropbears. The last item is a muffler set for NSU RO80.

Now, I could be wrong, but wasn't the RO80, the VW badged wankel engined effort, as made by NSU?

Dont think they made or sold many of them (nearly broke VW)), so can't be much of a call on those 'muffler' sets.
daveleek
Holder of a Nylon Anorak
Holder of a Nylon Anorak

Post by daveleek »

Have you tried Ariel Anderson in Denmark, Email :- ariel.anderson@godmail.dk
david.anderson

Post by david.anderson »

Julian
Overlander make a huge array of stainless motorcycle parts. Overlander was run by Barry Bligh, and at my last visit he had a couple of employees. Not sure if Barry is still working as he would be well into his seventies. He is a real character, has a patch over one eye and looks somewhat like a pirate. He has 3 factory buildings on his property all of which are the most untidy unorganised warehouse/factory buildings that I have ever seen. Clearly workplace health and safety have never been there. There are muffler stamping/forming moulds everywhere. To his credit however he does seem to be able to find what he needs. I have purchased exhaust pipes and mufflers for my square 4, pipe and mufflers for a 49 VH a pipe for a 57VH as well as clutch covers petrol tank badges and fork seal holders from him. He also made a Dunstall Norton 2-1-2 exhaust system for me by copying my old set and he has a huge collection of old exhausts for templates. If you supply any old system he will copy it. His mufflers are however very quiet and restrictive to the point of destroying performance. I somewhat modified his baffles. Barry also has the largest collection of European motorcycles that I have seen. From memory over 300 bikes.
David
Henning G
Holder of a Nylon Anorak
Holder of a Nylon Anorak

Post by Henning G »

Hi,Thanks for your replys,I found a new clutch dome cover in Ausralia at Michael Browm. Have seen photos, amazing work. Thanks for your help.