Question about Bonhams auctions

Bikes or not. Whatever
Akumar
Holder of a Nylon Anorak
Holder of a Nylon Anorak

Question about Bonhams auctions

Post by Akumar »

Dear fellow enthusiasts,

This is a general question and not specific to Ariels. I am curious if you had an experience with Bonhams auctions. I am thinking of bidding on a couple of motorcycles. I want to know how the final pricing works. If the highest bid is let’s say 100 pounds, how much additional fees and taxes are there? Any other warnings and cautions? I appreciate your responses.

Kumar
50 NG, 53 VB, 58 Colt
paul.jameson
Holder of a Golden Anorak
Holder of a Golden Anorak

Re: Question about Bonhams auctions

Post by paul.jameson »

To your £100 you will need to add the buyers premium which will be quoted for each auction but tends to be about 15%. Then there are removal and storage costs if you can't collect the purchase on the day of the auction. These will be set out in the auction catalogue. Then there will be VAT (Value Added Tax) at 20% on some of these extra costs. It is all laid out in the catalogue, but you do need to read carefully as the standard conditions tend to be set out in the catalogue but different ones may apply to any particular auction.

Good luck.
Paul Jameson
35 LG (project), 37 RH500, 52 ex ISDT KHA, 54 KH(A), 75 Healey 1000/4.
Former Machine Registrar & Archivist, General Secretary and Single Spares Organiser (over a 25 year period).
Now Archivist (but not Machine Registrar), Gauges and Clocks Spares Organiser.