Workshop manual

Bikes or not. Whatever
Irishansen

Workshop manual

Post by Irishansen »

Hi Everyone !

I am currently in the need to change the gasket joint on my F.H Huntmaster from 1955 and was wondering if you had any advice on how to dismantle and take out the engine from the frame or if some of you maybe had the appropriate workshop manual?
Thank you very much in advance for your help!

Iris
JohnnyBeckett
Holder of a Golden Anorak

Re: Workshop manual

Post by JohnnyBeckett »

hi if you try drags or look on ebay you will find a workshop manual
Mick D
Holder of a Waxed Cotton Anorak
Holder of a Waxed Cotton Anorak

Post by Mick D »

Simon.Gardiner

Post by Simon.Gardiner »

Iris:
I'm assuming you need to replace the head gasket - you don't need to take the engine out of the frame to do that although it might seem like it when you try and take the rocker box off!
Here is a 'help' thread in the Forum about removing/replacing the rocker box:
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=5272

The engine itself is internally the same as a BSA A10, a manual for one of those will cover any engine work.

If you need a full manual for the bike you might be best off with a Waller/Pearson handbook (written by Waller and published by Pearson). These were the official manuals of the time. They do appear on ebay fairly frequently but you'll need to make sure to get a very late edition to get the information for the Huntmaster. The 6th edition (1961) definitely includes the Huntmaster, the 1955 reprint (of the 4th edition) definitely doesn't, I'm not sure about the 5th edition (1956). (There are a few on ebay at the moment but I think the latest one is a 1955 reprint, so no good for your bike).

In case you're a Club member, there's a copy of the 1961 manual in the online members' library....

Hope that helps!

SG
Web admin (webmaster@arielownersmcc.com)

'55 Huntmaster, '56 VH, ' 51 VH, '62 Arrow, '80 R100RT, '00 Sprint ST (now with a new Arrow project, and just now those 4-stroke Ariel parts can't even make one running bike...)