Trip out Samford to Didcot

Bikes or not. Whatever
charvey
Holder of a Nylon Anorak
Holder of a Nylon Anorak

Trip out Samford to Didcot

Post by charvey »

Hi All,
Sunny day, rode off to Didcot to see some friends fighting through traffic on the A43 to Northampton and then away about 55mph so to overtake lorry's at roundabouts and light for them to toodle past me on the straights a nice run.
Why at a short hold up at Towcester bikes wait in the traffic, is it they are to bulky these days and the Ariel can just slip through great stuff.
Stopped just outside Brackley south side for tea at layby van always there.
Went off route to pay my respects to Harry Dunn killed outside the American base so sad.
Another hold up just before the M40 about 1/2mile of traffic, pulled up beside an Aston Martin convertable offered a swap so he could get moving but he said no you are O.K,. I will wait, strange(I don't know what I would have done if he had said yes).
Took the back road from the M40 to the A34 quieter road, then back onto theA34 a bit busy straight on, to the turn off for Abingdon and then back roads to Didcot.
About 2 and 1/2hours speedo don't work not sure how far but my backside felt it, solid back end me and the bike, girders at the front and the roads are a bit rough in places.
A nice run back only stopped to get petrol on the way back, the A34 traffic up to the M40 was solid for about 3 miles so slowly nipped through the lot and over took all the cars etc.,that over taken me.
Took the back road up to the M40 services and then on to Towester to then get past cars at the A5 crossroads lights that had overtaken me earlier.
Then on to the Northampton bypass a rat race but interesting on a 1939 Ariel going at 50-55mph then onwards to Kettering and wend my way home.
Ariel went really well took a few people by surprise how quick it was away from the lights and roundabouts good fun and it didn't pour down with rain like the last time so I didn't have to empty my boots out when I got home. Regards Clive. P.S., Off to the A47 two flags cafe today between Morcott and Duddington crossroads Good food and cheap lots of bikes turn up at the weekends.
Steven.Carter
Holder of a Platinum Anorak
Holder of a Platinum Anorak

Re: Trip out Samford to Didcot

Post by Steven.Carter »

Brilliant trip,