ARIEL jumper

Bikes or not. Whatever
TonyBaxter
Holder of a Waxed Cotton Anorak

Re: ARIEL jumper

Post by TonyBaxter »

JohnnyBeckett wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 10:47 pm hi you can get it made at a place that does the embroidery for workwear etc like i get my workwear and sweatshirts ect done, they scan your copy of what you need and off they go
Not the same as knitting it yourself though eh? :D
JohnnyBeckett
Holder of a Golden Anorak

Post by JohnnyBeckett »

if you have got nothing to do for weeks to make one, i put a oder in for six sweatshirts and i have got them within 2 to 3 days :D
TonyBaxter

Post by TonyBaxter »

JohnnyBeckett wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 11:00 am if you have got nothing to do for weeks to make one, i put a oder in for six sweatshirts and i have got them within 2 to 3 days :D
So everybody, what we've learnt from this thread is; Johnny doesn't like knitting.................
simon.holyfield
Holder of a Platinum Anorak
Holder of a Platinum Anorak

Post by simon.holyfield »

TonyBaxter wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 2:34 pm
JohnnyBeckett wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 11:00 am if you have got nothing to do for weeks to make one, i put a oder in for six sweatshirts and i have got them within 2 to 3 days :D
So everybody, what we've learnt from this thread is; Johnny doesn't like knitting.................
Can't say it appeals to me much either!
cheers

Simes

'51 Square Four,
'58 Huntmaster,
'42 W/NG,
'30 Model A
https://ariel-square-four.blogspot.com
JohnnyBeckett

Post by JohnnyBeckett »

tony you have hit the nail on the head :lol:, plus i am always riding or driving or racing my classic motorcycles or cars like i think you are meant to do with them not just looking at them, we all do not know how long we have got left on this planet so i enjoy it while i can :D :D
TonyBaxter

Post by TonyBaxter »

JohnnyBeckett wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 7:03 pm tony you have hit the nail on the head :lol:, plus i am always riding or driving or racing my classic motorcycles or cars like i think you are meant to do with them not just looking at them, we all do not know how long we have got left on this planet so i enjoy it while i can :D :D
Amen to that ;)
KevinOToole

Post by KevinOToole »

robjameson wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 10:25 pmHere we go:
Wow! that's a great jumper! Now all I need is the pattern and then convince my wife to knit it! Thanks for the photo.
KevinOToole

Post by KevinOToole »

Steven.Carter wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 8:29 pm This is the nearest I've got to an Ariel jumper :D
I'm not being helpful, sorry :D

Screenshot_20220413-202659_Dropbox.jpg
Not helpful but very stylish!
KevinOToole

Post by KevinOToole »

Bob.Murphy wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 10:23 pm I have here a couple of pictures of the 1960s fashion Ariel jumper - taken at the 1971 Ariel Klub Rally in Winkle, Holland:

The standard design - Black with vertical red and green stripes.

img098 Dick Warne, - , - ,Steve Boom, Graham Berry, Brian Brothers.jpg

Mistakes were made, Vic Gough's girlfriend mis-interpreted the design description . . . You really don't want one of those :lol:

img099 Jaap Rens, Vic Gough, - , George Penny, - , Brian Brothers.jpg

(Some well-known faces from the time here - Dick Warne, Steve Boom, Graham Berry, Brian Brothers, Jaap Rens, Vic Gough, George Penny . . Happy days, when we were young.

I see my Square Four sneaking in there - with its Tri-point screen and Craven 'Dolomite' panniers !

Bob.
Great photos. Thanks for sharing.