Field stand and one of its two spring clips

Parts needed or for sale, which are unique to the W/NG.
Suppliers of unique Ariel parts.
MikePearson

Field stand and one of its two spring clips

Post by MikePearson »

I bought his last 2 spring clips from John Budgen and one has hidden itself in my workshop c=and cannot be found. Bought a field stand from India, waited 6 weeks and they cancelled the order and gave a refund.
alan.moore
Holder of a Golden Anorak
Holder of a Golden Anorak

Re: Field stand and one of its two spring clips

Post by alan.moore »

Mike
I had the same experience with an India order which they cancelled. Spoke to John a couple of weeks ago and he said he was thinking of getting some more stands and clips in. Maybe worth checking with him if this is the case.

Cheers
alan
1939 VH Redhunter;1942 RN WNG;1951 Triumph 6T Thunderbird;1970 BSA B175 Bantam;1986 Yamaha SRX600 single;1952 VHA engined project
http://cloggymoore.wix.com/triumph-pre-unit-6t
nevhunter
Holder of a Platinum Anorak
Holder of a Platinum Anorak

Re: Field stand and one of its two spring clips

Post by nevhunter »

They are an awkward working thing that is bad enough when correct so is worth getting right first off. They are also easy to bend in use. I generally leave the Bike in 1st gear, but unless the compression is very good it may still roll one way or the other. The length has to be just right too. It sure beats using the rear stand though, but I would prefer a GOOD sidestand (but it's not standard as it is on the WDCO Matchless).( just a comment in passing). Nev