part of mudguard wanted

Parts needed or for sale, which are unique to the W/NG.
Suppliers of unique Ariel parts.
RTichard Woolnough
Holder of a Nylon Anorak
Holder of a Nylon Anorak

part of mudguard wanted

Post by RTichard Woolnough »

I managed to extricate for a few pounds sterling, the front part of the rear guard for the W/NG, the hinge is present but but not the piece that pivots, I wonder if any member has this piece in whatever condition for sale or the correct dimensions perhaps for me to maybe fabricate one from a one piece guard? kind regards
nevhunter
Holder of a Platinum Anorak

Re: part of mudguard wanted

Post by nevhunter »

I had to do that recently. Copy carefully from an existing one. The rib in the centre is not continuous. Nev
simon.holyfield

Post by simon.holyfield »

I can do some pictures & dimensions for you Richard.
cheers

Simes

'51 Square Four,
'58 Huntmaster,
'42 W/NG,
'30 Model A
https://ariel-square-four.blogspot.com
RTichard Woolnough
Holder of a Nylon Anorak
Holder of a Nylon Anorak

ah, thats very interesting Nev, so the rib does not extend to the hinged part? makes it a little easier to locate a suitable part of a mudguard perhaps,
Hi Simon, thank you this would help, no great rush at the moment, I had to rescue myself yeaterday afternoon, lovely day so take th old gal down to Wicks for a door bolt, she started to miss a bit as I approached the shop and then sorta backfired and cut out, done this before but no problem on a restart, nut yesterday just didn't want to play again so a kind chap in a brand new Lexus hybrid saloon, my that is something else, and who also has a Fararri as a toy!! took me home to collect the van, havn't looked at the bike yet could be a blocked jet from some previous petseal breaking down in the tank, lets hope so. kind regards
Bob.Murphy
Holder of a Golden Anorak
Holder of a Golden Anorak

Post by Bob.Murphy »

A neighbour is clearing out a deceased friend's garage/workshop/sheds - who had 'classic' cars and bikes throughout his life.

He has found a rear mudguard with a hinged rear section - he doesn't know what its from and I haven't seen it.

If you could put up a photo of a W/NG rear guard I let him see it - one never knows ;) .

Don't hold your breath :lol: .

Bob.
My avatar shows the late Len Rich in 1970 with the bike I now have - a 1958 Ariel VH
ian.scott
Holder of a Silver Anorak
Holder of a Silver Anorak

Post by ian.scott »

On Vincent van Ginnekes post on " Contract numbers on both sides of tank" the photo of W/NGs being put together in an assembly area ,you can see that the rear part has the rib but with a flat are where presumably the number plate fixes.

Ian
RTichard Woolnough
Holder of a Nylon Anorak
Holder of a Nylon Anorak

hello Bob Murphy thank you wait to see what transpires perhaps,
by the way 'twasn't a blocked jet but a duff plug, no spark whatsoever, in all my years of mucking about with bikes and cars I have never had a non sparking plug, replaced with a new one [short reach?] and first kick she was away, kind regards
simon.holyfield

Post by simon.holyfield »

What plug are you using Richard? I think I will get a spare one, this is the second 'duff plug' story I have read today.
cheers

Simes

'51 Square Four,
'58 Huntmaster,
'42 W/NG,
'30 Model A
https://ariel-square-four.blogspot.com
RTichard Woolnough
Holder of a Nylon Anorak
Holder of a Nylon Anorak

Hello Simon, the duff plug was a Champion L86C, possibly supplied by Dewhurst's dunno nuffink about 'em, err anyway surprised to see it was a short reach but have replaced it with I'm afraid a NGK B6HS, there is a website I googled just put in what plug for an Ariel w/ng and it comes up with all suitable ones, she went O.K on it a little faffing about at first but I'm pretty sure that was because aof a bit of crap in the carb.
I will now digress and you will love this one..popped into the local supermarket on the bike for some grog, asked the security chap to keep an eye on the hat and gloves, no problem, on my return he wants to talk Ariels, turns out he has a 1934 VH? which he has owned since the early eighties but has not used it for many years, he lost faith when he had abike stolen from his front garden albeit a jap,he's a nice fellow and I tried to convince him to become more involved and will continue to agitate him, is this the correct word?, or even encourage as well, watch this space, kind regards
opologies for crap punctuation
nevhunter

Post by nevhunter »

Richard the rib does go to the hinged part but it's interrupted?? by parts where it's left flat for stays etc. If you copy all the details from a genuine one it will save unpleasant surprises. Nev