W/ng carb

General talk about the W/NG
RTichard Woolnough
Holder of a Nylon Anorak
Holder of a Nylon Anorak

Re: W/ng carb

Post by RTichard Woolnough »

thanks for your replies, I hope it isn't the mag but we shall see, I shall go the east route for the time being and carry a toolbox of spare plugs! my friend has given me a B8HV to try, a plug he uses in his 500 iron '39 engine, again we shall see. kind regards
simon.holyfield
Holder of a Platinum Anorak
Holder of a Platinum Anorak

Post by simon.holyfield »

I must say, getting the magneto rebuilt has been great for starting, reliability and for peace of mind.

Wish I could say the same about the carburetter though!
cheers

Simes

'51 Square Four,
'58 Huntmaster,
'42 W/NG,
'30 Model A
https://ariel-square-four.blogspot.com
RTichard Woolnough
Holder of a Nylon Anorak
Holder of a Nylon Anorak

Post by RTichard Woolnough »

I havn't used the W/ng for the past two months at least, she is going to Ireland again late August so I thought I would just se if she would fire up yesterday, primed the carb, primed the cylinder [as per Velo procedure] first prod and she kicked back, took a good few more where she kept kicking back but eventually when I got the A/R correct she up and ran without any problems, perishing tight wire advance most confusing, so we shall see, I have to say I find the position of the gear lever most uncomfortable and it seems impossible to lower as it will foul the foot rest, I have another with which I shall attempt to lower the forward part a tad, does anyone else have this problem? kind regards