1952 KH

robjameson
Holder of a Silver Anorak

Re: 1952 KH

Post by robjameson »

My apologies to those interested in this thread over the last months - the house move back in September seems long ago, and I have been kept busy doing some very non motorcycle related things in my spare time of late (but that's okay, because I get to play with bikes all day at work). I eventually sold the bike to a member of the aomcc, who intends to take it to the continent next year, and I'm sure will enjoy the bike.

I was sad to see it go, but glad it has a new owner who will give it some use.
Rob Jameson
AOMCC Member Number 4068
1957 Ariel VH
1954 Ariel KH
1948 Ariel 4G with 1920's Ariel Sidecar/Triumph Chassis
AOMCC Twin Spares Organiser
jj.palmer
Holder of a Waxed Cotton Anorak
Holder of a Waxed Cotton Anorak

Post by jj.palmer »

Hi Rob,
I have been following your progress in renovating your KH500 over the last year and having put your heart and soul into such a project it must be sad to see it go.
I have just purchased a 1952 KH 500 myself, although it seems to be in reasonable condition I still intend to give it a total top to bottom overhaul, your knowledge would be greatly appreciated, I am approx. 8 miles north of you in Denby Village.
I look foreward to hearing from you, we have spoken before.

Regards,

John Palmer.
JohnLay

Post by JohnLay »

KH update, the machine is now alive and well in Oxford and will return to the road shortly, once DVLA have done their thing that is.
simon.holyfield
Holder of a Platinum Anorak
Holder of a Platinum Anorak

Post by simon.holyfield »

We're looking forward to seeing the thread continue John! I read it all again this morning.
cheers

Simes

'51 Square Four,
'58 Huntmaster,
'42 W/NG,
'30 Model A
https://ariel-square-four.blogspot.com
JohnLay

Post by JohnLay »

I think this machine has been standing for a while, the battery was completely flat and quite dry ( I have it on charge hoping it might recover, otherwise it will need replacing) and the sump was full of oil. Drained out and it looked more like black treacle than oil, so a change of oil and filter before I try any serious running. But for the moment it will have to wait as I am of to the Great Dorset Steam Fair shortly (not with the Ariel) so it will be September before anything gets done, Although I don't plan to change much, other that move the footrests, handlebars etc around to suit my riding position and give it a good clean.
Will keep you posted as and when.
JohnLay

Post by JohnLay »

It's taken a whole year but the KH is street legal once more and I will be riding soon, once the brake are sorted that is. But you can read all about that on another thread
robjameson

Post by robjameson »

Well, this bike has changed hands again!

John contacted me last year to let me know that it would be in the auction at Silverstone, and when it sold I lost track of it.

Saturday morning I got a phone call from a member enquiring about the AGM and he mentioned he had bought a 500 twin, which is this bike! It lives about 20 miles down the road from me now, and I’m extremely pleased that I know where it is again.
Rob Jameson
AOMCC Member Number 4068
1957 Ariel VH
1954 Ariel KH
1948 Ariel 4G with 1920's Ariel Sidecar/Triumph Chassis
AOMCC Twin Spares Organiser
Simon.Gardiner
Holder of a Golden Anorak
Holder of a Golden Anorak

Post by Simon.Gardiner »

Rob - thanks for the update, always interesting to see what's been happening to bikes that have 'featured'!

SG
Web admin (webmaster@arielownersmcc.com)

'55 Huntmaster, '56 VH, ' 51 VH, '62 Arrow, '80 R100RT, '00 Sprint ST (now with a new Arrow project, and just now those 4-stroke Ariel parts can't even make one running bike...)