Ewarts tap - output thread

Singles, twins and fours.
admin
Holder of a Golden Anorak

Ewarts tap - output thread

Post by admin »

I have a double plunger ewarts tap on my WNG.

The threads are 7/16" (@11mm) across, which is not a BSP thread size ? This appears to be between 1/4" and 1/8", according to the BSP tables ...

I am struggling to find a fuel spigot and new nut for it ..
simon.holyfield
Holder of a Platinum Anorak
Holder of a Platinum Anorak

Re: Ewarts tap - output thread

Post by simon.holyfield »

There's a 3/16" option, Bantams use it; it's just not so common. The OD is nominally 10.8 mm. In fact I have one of those double plunger taps with a 3/16" outlet.

Often, thread tables you see online show only the preferred or most common sizes - the actual standard will have many more.
cheers

Simes

'51 Square Four,
'58 Huntmaster,
'42 W/NG,
'30 Model A
https://ariel-square-four.blogspot.com
stevewhitt
Holder of a Nylon Anorak
Holder of a Nylon Anorak

Post by stevewhitt »

admin wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2016 2:13 pm I have a double plunger ewarts tap on my WNG.

The threads are 7/16" (@11mm) across, which is not a BSP thread size ? This appears to be between 1/4" and 1/8", according to the BSP tables ...

I am struggling to find a fuel spigot and new nut for it ..
simon.holyfield wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2016 2:48 pm There's a 3/16" option, Bantams use it; it's just not so common. The OD is nominally 10.8 mm. In fact I have one of those double plunger taps with a 3/16" outlet.

Often, thread tables you see online show only the preferred or most common sizes - the actual standard will have many more.
I have an Ewarts double plunger with the 3/8" BSP tank and 3/16" BSP output thread as discussed above.

Did anyone solve the problem of where to get a suitable solder nipple and nut so that I can modify the fuel line (currently has 1/4" bsp fittings)?
paul.jameson

Post by paul.jameson »

Try Cotswold Engineering Supplies. They have an on-line shop but their website is a bit clunky.
Paul Jameson
35 LG (project), 37 RH500, 52 ex ISDT KHA, 54 KH(A), 75 Healey 1000/4.
Former Machine Registrar & Archivist, General Secretary and Single Spares Organiser (over a 25 year period).
Now Archivist (but not Machine Registrar), Gauges and Clocks Spares Organiser.