Clutch dome types

Singles, twins and fours.
fpassmore
Holder of a Waxed Cotton Anorak

Clutch dome types

Post by fpassmore »

Hello All,
I am sorting through some bits that came with my latest barn find (truly barn stored and since 1974!) one item I have and should fit my 1938 engine I will call 5702-36 and I have a couple of others for later SQ4's but has anyone done a dimension drawing listing bolt hole patterns with measurements to help me differentiate what models these are for?
The one I have is front, top, right, rear 6 1/4", 5 5/8", 6", 6 1/2" see drawing
According to Drags info there are 5 types but I did not find anything showing how to tell them apart and may have to make my own chart for future reference.
Frank
Attachments
clutch dome SED.jpg
clutch dome SED.jpg (102.64 KiB) Viewed 305 times
'51 SQ4, '56 NH, '56 VH, '37 VH500 Red Hunter, '56 SQ4 (basket case), '49 Sq4 (basket case), '48 A7 BSA Twin, 12 other BSA's, 9 Norton's, 2 Triumph's, 3 Ducati's and 3 Japanese. Just crazed is all my problem is.
Pete.Silson

Re: Clutch dome types

Post by Pete.Silson »

If the left dimension is actually 6-3/16 rather than 6-1/4, rigid/plunger single.

Pete
Roger Gwynn
Holder of a Golden Anorak
Holder of a Golden Anorak

Post by Roger Gwynn »

What you need is a drawing called 5702-holes. This shows that domes that i used to think had the same hole centres are only close but will fit. The early deep one is virtually the same as the SQ4 with the exception that the drain hole is on the opposite side
Attachments
5702-holes.doc
(73 KiB) Downloaded 69 times
Roger Gwynn, Membership Secretary, curator of the Machine Register and the works drawings. Director of Draganfly Motorcycles, Craven Equipment and Supreme Motorcycles mostly retired.
fpassmore

Post by fpassmore »

Ah, there we we go, I thought you,Roger, might have been down this route before.
Thanks much.
Frank
'51 SQ4, '56 NH, '56 VH, '37 VH500 Red Hunter, '56 SQ4 (basket case), '49 Sq4 (basket case), '48 A7 BSA Twin, 12 other BSA's, 9 Norton's, 2 Triumph's, 3 Ducati's and 3 Japanese. Just crazed is all my problem is.