How LOUD????

Singles, twins and fours.
Julian Murphy
Holder of a Waxed Cotton Anorak

Re: How LOUD????

Post by Julian Murphy »

Dont ride up to Lowestoft or Great Yarmouth......noise camera trials.... :shock: :shock: :shock:
daveleek
Holder of a Nylon Anorak
Holder of a Nylon Anorak

Post by daveleek »

When I lived in Reading in the early seventies I had a 1972 Honda cb175 and fitted Daytona reverse cone megaphones and on the first ride I was stopped by a M/C cop on a Norton , he asked me what they were and I told him and he said Daytona reverse cone megaphones , dont make me laugh in a Scots accent as he was booking me , I felt a right idiot , then my mate came up the road on his Honda 250 with Dunstall silencers which were louder than mine and the cop said what the hell is that and stood in the road and stopped him and booked him too , we both got 5 pound fines , they werent fixed penalties it went to the Magistrates Court , It was 1/2 a weeks wages , afterwards my mate blamed me , I removed the megaphones as soon as I got home . I think nowadays they have more serious things to deal with , but the noise cameras are a bit worrying
JohnnyBeckett
Holder of a Golden Anorak

Post by JohnnyBeckett »

hi in London they do not stop you for loud pipes , they are to busy rushing to get their takeaway or flashing or grooming young girls or murdering them , and they will only put noise cameras in London where the yup'es live not the hard working live
allan.walker

Post by allan.walker »

That last comment was, I assume, tongue-in-cheek. However, it was certainly excessive and. arguably unfair and unrepresentative.
JohnnyBeckett

Post by JohnnyBeckett »

do you not read the news papers or look at the news for London or spend time in parts of London if you did you will see what i am saying there are murders stabbings and shootings ever day, and what i say is what i see
dave.owen

Post by dave.owen »

Johnny , this is not the place to vent your views on the police , please refrain.

Dave
AOMCC Treasurer
Eero.Korhonen

Post by Eero.Korhonen »

I was once stopped on the freeway by a motorcycle cop on a FJ 1200 Yamaha and said your bike is too loud. He looked at the papers and said yes, the model year is 1954. I heard that the environmental law sets a limit, but I just continued driving as before.
-eeko
Ariel VH 1954, IZH 350 1962, H-D Sportster Hugger 1992, AOMCC Member 133