Adding Avatars

Post here for help with the forum
admin
Holder of a Golden Anorak

Re: How do I add a photo...?

Post by admin »

I just doubled the size of the avatar size.
I can only think that you are using an image with a very high resolution or that it ain't sized corerctly.

Anyway.
Try that
nevhunter
Holder of a Platinum Anorak

Post by nevhunter »

Thanks for that. Not my strong point. I might get around to doing it properly, one day Nev
brenton.roy

Post by brenton.roy »

Hi Nev, You make great posts. Avatar's aren't a big deal, but they do give us a chance to add a bit of humour or identity to our posts.
All you need is a photo that is electronic - either from the internet or a digital camera. Just follow the pictures below - it's easy.
The photo that will be your Avatar needs to be on your desktop or somewhere that you can easily find. 100 by 100 pixels isn't much, so keep it simple. There won't be much detail.
Attachments
1. Click "User Control Panel"
1. Click "User Control Panel"
2. Click "Profile"
2. Click "Profile"
3. Click "Edit Avatar"
3. Click "Edit Avatar"
4. Leave this screen open and open another window or tab in your browser<br />In the new window, go to http://www.shrinkpictures.com/create-avatar (copy and paste this link into the new window)<br />There's a heap of ways to do this, but this one came up in google and looked easy. If you have another way to get a photo that is sized 100 * 100 pixels, go for it, otherwise, press on.
4. Leave this screen open and open another window or tab in your browser
In the new window, go to http://www.shrinkpictures.com/create-avatar (copy and paste this link into the new window)
There's a heap of ways to do this, but this one came up in google and looked easy. If you have another way to get a photo that is sized 100 * 100 pixels, go for it, otherwise, press on.
5. At the shrink pictures site, click browse and locate your photo
5. At the shrink pictures site, click browse and locate your photo
6. click resize - you can set this at 100
6. click resize - you can set this at 100
7. click &quot;download this picture now&quot; and save it to your desktop (or a place you can find)
7. click "download this picture now" and save it to your desktop (or a place you can find)
8. back to the AOMCC page and click &quot;browse&quot;, locate your photo then submit.<br />Done.
8. back to the AOMCC page and click "browse", locate your photo then submit.
Done.
'51,'56 Squares, '48 VH, '27 Model C, R67/2, Mk IV Le Mans, '06 Super Duke and Ariel projects.
nevhunter

Post by nevhunter »

Thanks for that. I have copied the lot and will get it done . Give me a bit of time though. Thought you might have been up late but you're only half an hour behind. Nevhunter.
brenton.roy

Re:

Post by brenton.roy »

nevhunter wrote:Thought you might have been up late but you're only half an hour behind. Nevhunter.
Nah, I'm a local. We have a few Aussies on the forum now.
If you get stuck, let me know.
'51,'56 Squares, '48 VH, '27 Model C, R67/2, Mk IV Le Mans, '06 Super Duke and Ariel projects.
admin

Re: Adding Avatars

Post by admin »

Nev,

As Admin I have the ability to mess with individual profiles.
Send me you picture of choice (address below) and I will resize it AND add it to your profile for you.

I can also do your signature (the bit of text that comes up automatically at the bottom of each of your posts)

Cheers to Brenton for the detailed instructions; that is what I should have done first time around :oops:
nevhunter

Post by nevhunter »

Thanks John. I'll see what I can do. Nev
Mike Gott

Post by Mike Gott »

I've re-activated this thread as I too have the same problem as carl.horrocks in 2011 in that I can resize the picture ok but it is still about twice the Kb size required for me to be able to upload it. Any guidance on what I need to do here? I have Photoshop.

Mike
1957 NH, 1941 W/NG and a 1966 LE.
Steven.Carter

Post by Steven.Carter »

Hi Carl, you seem to have one now. Your live near me, we must meet up one day for a coffee.
admin

Post by admin »

hi

I don't have "photoshop"
My image software allows me to resize by physical size (pixels or by actual cm/inches) and also by file size.

I am thinking you have a image that has an unusually high resolution

If you're really stuck then email me the image and I'll resize it and return it.

cheers