Classic British Spares

Recommend a bike related business
chris.shearwood
Holder of a Silver Anorak

Classic British Spares

Post by chris.shearwood »

Earlier this winter I wanted to order a couple of 463066 pickups for MO Series magnetos as fitted to my early fifties Ariel singles. Draganfly was out of stock so a Google search brought me to the web site of Classic British Spares, located in California, which listed that pickup as fitting MO magnetos and in stock. I ordered two of them and when I received them a week or so later I was disappointed to find that the pickups were not the correct ones for MO magnetos being of a shorter distance between the two mounting screw holes. I contacted the seller via e-mail and this is the reply I received:

"....The components that we sent you are kept under 463066..... If they will not work, send them back for a refund as I can only supply what I have sent."

I sent them back and was refunded the cost of the parts but not the shipping charges of US $16.23 and it had cost me another Cdn. $9 to mail them back.

Since then I notice that they have changed their web site description of 463066. It now states that it fits only K1F and K2F magnetos. A quick check of Draganfly's site shows that to be an incorrect number for those mags.

https://www.classicbritishspares.com/pr ... 1292&_ss=r

Long story short: I wasted my time and money dealing with this company.

I recently ordered and received the correct 463066 from another company.

Chris Shearwood
1946 4G and 1951 VH
Julian Murphy
Holder of a Waxed Cotton Anorak
Holder of a Waxed Cotton Anorak

Re: Classic British Spares

Post by Julian Murphy »

On the evidence of the change to their website description, I would be asking them to kindly refund all of your shipping return costs.

Take a screen grab of the current description and go to your browser history and take a screen grab of the description that you ordered against.

Very clearly its their mistake in supplying an incorrect part.
chris.shearwood

Re: Classic British Spares

Post by chris.shearwood »

Julian,
Thank you for the suggestion but the time and aggravation of dealing with a business like that is not worth that money to me.
Regards, Chris
1946 4G and 1951 VH