'restored' BTH magneto

Recommend a bike related business
Vincent.vanGinneke
Holder of a Platinum Anorak
Holder of a Platinum Anorak

'restored' BTH magneto

Post by Vincent.vanGinneke »

Yes I know, this is going to be a 'kick in the back' or if you like 'stabbing a corpse' you name it.
But I am genuinely pissed of by the 'service' that I am going to use this forum as a blow off valve... :x
Bought a BTH Dirt Track magneto in 2019 from TCT , those in the know will know who that was.
Unseen, over email. payed the 'normal' price, no discount or whatever.
I wanted one for my ISDT project.
And -sadly again- proved that there must be something like the 'Overseas Bin'
see pictures.
Apart from the amount of glassbeads, I found a used and worn slip ring and ditto armature ring (why press a old ring on a new armature??)
The armature itself was checked by a magnetro expert over here, he measured that the wiring used was to thick.
The thing is to low on Ohm (I have no clue about electricty so correct me if I use the wrong words)
His comment was that it was made to function , nothing more nothing less (.......)
I am genuinely pissed off - again- ! This 'service' now joins my list of over 40 years getting shit parts from the UK.
Yes, very :evil:
BTH TT track magneet  (5).jpg
BTH TT track magneet  (3).jpg
BTH TT track magneet  (2).jpg
BTH TT track magneet  (1).jpg
JohnnyBeckett
Holder of a Golden Anorak
Holder of a Golden Anorak

Re: 'restored' BTH magneto

Post by JohnnyBeckett »

hi looks like you got a good mag from them wankers ( i think it was for just looking at ) i will make sure i don't use them you would be better to use a old mag :shock: :( :x