Square 4 camshaft

Recommend a bike related business
BrianReynolds

Square 4 camshaft

Post by BrianReynolds »

Not sure if this would be helpful to many of you, but I thought I would mention it. I am rebuilding a "57 S4, the camshaft was not worn, but it was pitted and unusable. I am based in Manitoba, Canada so some research led me to Shadbolt Cams, in Vancouver, BC <shadboltcams.com> They specialize in repairing cams for many vintage vehicles and list the S4. I sent my cam there, it has just been returned and I am delighted with the results. The cam is as new, or perhaps even better. See attached before and after photos. They also recondition the followers if required. Generally the turnaround is 7-10 working days, in my case it took almost 4 weeks due to staffing/Covid issues. Very helpful company, plus the cost is very reasonable, $160 Canadian dollars, ( approx 90 UK pounds).
Attachments
IMG_5903.jpeg
IMG_5836.jpeg
fpassmore
Holder of a Waxed Cotton Anorak
Holder of a Waxed Cotton Anorak

Re: Square 4 camshaft

Post by fpassmore »

Thanks Brian, good update as I have one to be done and will be in Vancouver in another week or so. Used them for a couple of Norton cams a few years ago and more than pleased with the result. Need to deliver another Norton to my Rebuild buddy for his winter project; great arrangement as every winter he takes on another bike for the dark times which he does the frame and cosmetics on whileI supply the bike, do the engine and supply parts for.
'51 SQ4, '56 NH, '56 VH, '37 VH500 Red Hunter, '56 SQ4 (basket case), '49 Sq4 (basket case), '48 A7 BSA Twin, 12 other BSA's, 9 Norton's, 2 Triumph's, 3 Ducati's and 3 Japanese. Just crazed is all my problem is.