Valve cap gaskets for S Valve Ariel

Anything about Ariels
Roger Gwynn
Holder of a Golden Anorak
Holder of a Golden Anorak

Re: Valve cap gaskets for S Valve Ariel

Post by Roger Gwynn »

Charvey - you should be contacting the current spares man, not the old one! His name is now Allan singlesspares@arielownersmcc.com
Roger Gwynn, Membership Secretary, curator of the Machine Register and the works drawings. Director of Draganfly Motorcycles, Craven Equipment and Supreme Motorcycles mostly retired.
charvey
Holder of a Nylon Anorak
Holder of a Nylon Anorak

Re: Valve cap gaskets for S Valve Ariel

Post by charvey »

Hi All, I contacted Allan and the only valve cap seals are too small which is a shame but I managed to get some alloy washers the right size which I had to trim down a bit but they are 1 7/8" internal size and will try them when I get the bike going, am still waiting for some bits to try it down the road it seems to have been restored quite a few years ago then left for about 20 years+ the number sold off but it has a good number instead, it had been stood so long that the grease in the wheel bearings had turned to oil which covered the linings and the rear bearing had broken up the outer bearing had broke up when fitting I think and the inner had run out to make a right mess but cleaning up and a pair of bearing from my very limited stock sorted that out, it's a good job that the bearings fit quite a few bikes over a long time Regards Clive.