Restoration Tip

Anything about Ariels
JohnnyBeckett
Holder of a Golden Anorak
Holder of a Golden Anorak

Re: Restoration Tip

Post by JohnnyBeckett »

hi i find that most of them that say they do stove enameling but really all they do is powder coating and try and sell you that i have found it hard to find real stove enameling that will do one offs , and it seems to be done on new metal
Les H

Re: Restoration Tip

Post by Les H »

Hi Tony..Sorry only just noticed your reply to me. Thanks for that. I know what you mean though, I've had that sort of thing myself...Nothing more irritating than when someone thinks you know nothing and only their view is correct. Currently I have troubles with a nearly finished Matchless. I have to nearly start again as there is an engine oil leak at the crankcase centre joint at the front. All my UTTER care and perfect paint is now going to be spoilt somewhat. The supplier of the wrong thickness gasket says he now has the correct thickness but not offered any compensation at all, even like: parts at cost that you have already bought and now need again to rebuild it all . I feel as if I should sue him for the full amount of the rebuild and mental stress and depression it has caused me...Sometimes I feel as if I should just sell all the old bikes off and just ride my Kwacker W650. I'm running out of years to live fast and the last thing I want is to start again on something I have just taken years to finish...All the best :)