Ariel electronic ignitions

Anything about Ariels
mike.loehr

Ariel electronic ignitions

Post by mike.loehr »

Can anyone provide a source for the distributor drive gears 1958 MK ll square four.I restore vintage bikes and I have developed a programable digital electronic ignition system for any 12 volt distributor type system with any number of cylinders.No mechanical advance,no points and condenser with advance curves calculated by engine RPM.This is a completly new unit but I need drive gears to match generator helcal gear.
Mike
Roger Gwynn
Holder of a Golden Anorak
Holder of a Golden Anorak

Re: Ariel electronic ignitions

Post by Roger Gwynn »

Yes, see Draganfly, who may well be interested in stocking your ignition system if you are interested in making them. The gears are 220609 and 220610, only one in stock but as they have just made one of the simplex ones the missing one is probably in the pipe line. Bruce of SQ4 club spares used to have them, made in cahoots with Draganfly, when such things were still legal, but I don't know if he has any left.
Roger Gwynn, Membership Secretary, curator of the Machine Register and the works drawings. Director of Draganfly Motorcycles, Craven Equipment and Supreme Motorcycles mostly retired.