Arrow gearbox neutral plunger parts sought

clive.rickman

Arrow gearbox neutral plunger parts sought

Post by clive.rickman »

I am seeking the plunger and spring which engages with the gear-change cam for selecting neutral. I have a casing plug in which the bore is, nominally 3/8" (but this tapers to a smaller dia deeper in). I have also acquired a plunger & spring which I expected to fit but the plunger dia is 1/2" and, of course is too big to fit into the plug.

I have checked the parts book and note the plunger ref is T796 BUT there is an additional reference marked 'inter' 3707-55. Does this relate to an interim derivation and could this be why the parts I have are not compatible?

Grateful for any info on this - Clive
Roger Gwynn
Holder of a Golden Anorak

Re: Arrow gearbox neutral plunger parts sought

Post by Roger Gwynn »

The 'inter' is short hand for 'interchangeable with', in this case a 4 stroke part. Normally on the Draganfly site the parts automatically supersede to each other but in this case the T796 is listed as available used and available, whilst the 3707-55 is listed as new but out of stock. This will be rectified!
A search for the spring T797 or 3709-52 brings up identical parts.
Roger Gwynn, Membership Secretary, curator of the Machine Register and the works drawings. Director of Draganfly Motorcycles, Craven Equipment and Supreme Motorcycles mostly retired.
clive.rickman

Post by clive.rickman »

Thanks for the info, Roger. I checked with Draganfly and they seem to have the plunger though this is the same diameter as the one I have and this is too large to enter the bore in the plug that I have. I did consider opening it up to accept the plunger but this would reduce the wall thickness to a point where it would probably break through to the root of the thread. Draganfly didn't have a plug in stock for comparison with the one I have but I am wondering whether there was a smaller diameter version. Was there a different set-up for the model with neutral lamp indicator, perhaps?
Stu.B

Post by Stu.B »

Clive i am also rebuilding an arrow gearbox at the moment and inherited three used gearboxes all with outer covers and plungers and springs. The plungers are 1/2” springs 7/10”. I was going to sell my spare parts following my rebuild but if you are interested send me a private message.
Roger Gwynn

Post by Roger Gwynn »

All the same as far as I know, the switch is a straight replacement for the plug
Roger Gwynn, Membership Secretary, curator of the Machine Register and the works drawings. Director of Draganfly Motorcycles, Craven Equipment and Supreme Motorcycles mostly retired.
clive.rickman

Post by clive.rickman »

Stu.B wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 5:15 pm Clive i am also rebuilding an arrow gearbox at the moment and inherited three used gearboxes all with outer covers and plungers and springs. The plungers are 1/2” springs 7/10”. I was going to sell my spare parts following my rebuild but if you are interested send me a private message.
Stu, sorry for tardy response. I have acquired the parts I need. Thanks for your help. Clive