Vin numbers

Stu.B

Vin numbers

Post by Stu.B »

I am rebuilding a Arrow from parts and have a damaged engine case from a Arrow super sports which I am having repaired and intend to use Engine No T-22109-G can anyone tell my when it was made and how to find out its history. I know I will have to go through the DVLA process of getting the bike inspected and re-registered.
Thanks
Stu.
bh.sprint
Holder of a Waxed Cotton Anorak
Holder of a Waxed Cotton Anorak

Re: Vin numbers

Post by bh.sprint »

Someone on the Leader/Arrow facebook site has copies of the dispatch books and should be able to give you some of the information. In the past the club could also supply his information. Brian H.
Roger Gwynn
Holder of a Golden Anorak
Holder of a Golden Anorak

Re: Vi numbers

Post by Roger Gwynn »

The club still can supply this info and here it is.
It was made in March 1961. You will need an official dating certificate from the club's dating officer to register it, this will be based on the frame number, not the engine number but these were originally the same, however engines are often swopped. The dating certificate will list all the information from the factory. If you send me the engine, frame and reg numbers I will have a look on the club's machine register to see if there are any listing of previous owner's. membership@arielownersmcc.com
Roger Gwynn, Membership Secretary, curator of the Machine Register and the works drawings. Director of Draganfly Motorcycles, Craven Equipment and Supreme Motorcycles mostly retired.