Wanted, silencer baffles

paul.darnell

Wanted, silencer baffles

Post by paul.darnell »

Has anyone got any spare silencer baffles for an Arrow? I have just discovered that a previous owner had stuffed wire wool in one silencer and glass fibre in the other which almost completely blocked the exhaust. I have cleaned it all out and it runs ok but is a noisier than I would like. As a last resort I will have to buy new silencers, which is a shame as the chrome on mine is very good.
JohnnyBeckett
Holder of a Golden Anorak

Re: Wanted, silencer baffles

Post by JohnnyBeckett »

hi you can try and get some newts to put in the silencers off Ebay or you may find some silencers on there we got some on ebay this year
Trev Sellars

Post by Trev Sellars »

If it is the 5 discs you are after, it is possible to get some lazer cut and you fold them yourself.
None on Fleabay. its a shame the 2 stroke spares section is not operating within the club, they may have some but all the the spares in in boxes, up North in a warehouse after Steve retired. If you can get me one to copy, I can get some discs made up no problem.
Neil.Stewart

Post by Neil.Stewart »

Am sure I have pair, email me on
neil@jasm.com
Neil
paul.darnell

Post by paul.darnell »

Thank you all for your replies and offers. Someone from the Leader/Arrow Facebook page has found a used set in good condition and they are on their way to me.
bh.sprint
Holder of a Waxed Cotton Anorak
Holder of a Waxed Cotton Anorak

Post by bh.sprint »

Just for information. Picture of the original baffles and some Armours ones which have a tube added and a shorter 1'' diameter end tube ( not shown ). They are still a bit louder but not much and on the Leader seem to allow it to pull better in the lower rev range. Brian H.
Attachments
DSC02315.JPG
Roger Gwynn

Post by Roger Gwynn »

The baffles for pattern silencers are a slightly different diameter and will not fit original silencers. This is because the original imperial size of tube is not available. Draganfly's baffles are made to fit pattern silencers and are quieter than the ones supplied by Armours. They started making these many years ago after several complaints about the noise when using Armour's baffles.
Roger Gwynn, Membership Secretary, curator of the Machine Register and the works drawings. Director of Draganfly Motorcycles, Craven Equipment and Supreme Motorcycles mostly retired.