Anyone using an Amal Concentric MK 1 ?

Trev Sellars

Re: Anyone using an Amal Concentric MK 1 ?

Post by Trev Sellars »

Will, sorry, the carb I have is a 375. I put my glasses on this time!! The flange is stamped 375-33 So should fit ok, it also has the choke attachment, rubber inlet connector too. It was completely rebuilt by the previous owner via Draganfly. Just never used and put in a box.
will_curry
Holder of a Silver Anorak
Holder of a Silver Anorak

Post by will_curry »

I've scored a few clangers on this forum by using the wrong pair of glasses too.

At least the 375/33 should fit properly.
Trev Sellars

Post by Trev Sellars »

Well, pretty much sorted now, thank God! Yes Wil, I have 5 pairs of glasses (poundland specials), and cannot always find a pair!
I marked position of needle when 1/4, 1/2.3/4 and full throttle when in carb.
Then put the needle in the jaws of my drill and gently tapered the needle using some 300 grit paper, then 600 grit. Then polished it up.
Lovely throttle action now and almost seamless power up to 6600rpm as on the tacho, still a bit more revs to go.
I have found that gear changes from 4500rpm to 5000rpm work best, so now I know.
Thanks to to you all for your help, and to Ian for mentioning to let the fuel run dry in the carb when switching off engine. I think that was some of the problem, float bowl had just oil in it.
tacho WOT.jpg