folding kick start

nevhunter
Holder of a Platinum Anorak

Re: folding kick start

Post by nevhunter »

Some say there's no silly question, just silly answers. Anyhow we are here to help each other, are we not. This year is about done.
ALL THE BEST TO YOU for 2022. Nev
v.bellman

Post by v.bellman »

thank you for the helpful suggestions.My concern was that if you can imagine, instep on footrest, kick start nestling nicely on the right calf muscle, the slightest nudge or minor fall off, is going to snap my right tibula and fibula like dry twigs, I,ll try the KS kick start I think, thanks again
v.bellman

Post by v.bellman »

JohnnyBeckett wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 9:38 pm hi i think you need to ring John Bugden he may be able help you with a folding kickstart and if you can get one that has a spring in folding part i keep meaning to look in to one for myself for my NH
Hiya matey, tried googling it but nothing, can you give me a link to him, please?
Ta Vaughan
JohnnyBeckett
Holder of a Golden Anorak
Holder of a Golden Anorak

Post by JohnnyBeckett »

hi Vaughan john Budgen website is not working at the moment but you can ring him on 01798-875390 or try his Email jbudgen35@btinternet.com , i see him at most of the bike shows and bike jumbles at kempton park he also is in the old bike mart paper
nevhunter

Post by nevhunter »

You can set the Arm lower on the spline, if you wish to get it further away from your leg.Nev
v.bellman

Post by v.bellman »

for everybodys information, Terry Weedy @ Avery products can eventually machine a trials folding one for you,price , about £100,much cheaper than bidding on ebay for a Comet one?
v.bellman

Post by v.bellman »

from the Ariel site on Facebook, I found Terry Weedy@Avery, who builds trial bikes pre 65, he can supply a folding kickstart for £100 , he machines them himself? that is about a £100 less than a Comet one on ebay?
r.bartholomew

Post by r.bartholomew »

Very well put Tony!
v.bellman

Post by v.bellman »

for all those interested, I have tried and failed to find a folding kick start, Terry Weedy says he can, but that was 5 months ago. John Budgen, very helpful managed to supply me with a used one,