1958 Ariel Huntmaster FH 650cc – Classic British Twin – Project Bike

JimWalker

Post by JimWalker »

I've got a 1958 Ariel Huntmaster FH 650cc that I'd like to sell on, I bought it as a project but I've got too many bikes and cars on the go and fancy a Yamaha bobber thats available to me.

It's been dry stored for many years and the mag was taken off the bike when I got it so would assume that would need attention, it's in the spares box with a cache of other parts that can go with the bike.
If you wanted to get the bike running it it's missing a battery, HT, leads, mag looking at maybe and it has an oil leak so makes a puddle when left for a while, and the usual stuff you'd expect from a barn find bike, needs return springs for both stands

It's overall a very clean looking bike, it's been brush painted i think in the 70's, the tinware is in fine condition, the bike seems to have good compession on a kick but I've not done any more to it than that, Any inspection is welcome

It is a bike orignally from Luton and has 2492 miles on the odometer, obviously this cannot be verified or even if its the orignal speedo on the bike, one thing is that the bike has no rust on the tinware apart from tiny bits and even the original “ARIEL” badge on the base of the back mudguard which get all the road crap thown at them is complete and uncorroded

I'm wanting £3000 no offers as I've been watching Huntmasters on ebay for a year or so including a rusty incomplete basket case go for £2400 and I'm a regular up at Kempton and see much worse 50s 650cc twin projects up at £3.5k so I feel it's a very fair price for a very good project base whever an oily rag or full resto and has it's original transferable pre suffix registration plate and boxes of spares

I'm located in Thruxton, near Andover in west Hampshire, please message me for contact

Thanks

p.s I'll need the stackable boxes the spares are kept in so will pack all the spares into smaller carboard boxes so you'll need a decent size car boot to take them away

Also the mirrors in the photo's are from my Kawasaki so they will be taken off the bike and kept by me

1958 FH Huntmaster